The architecture of modern cruise ships places increasingly complex demands on the materials used to construct the superstructures.
Fiber-reinforced plastics enable:
- Specifically low weight with high strength
- High corrosion resistance to sea air and sea water
- Extended maintenance intervals
- Excellent design options
- Vibration damping regarding intrinsic sound and sound propagation
- Smooth or high-gloss surfaces up to yacht quality
For many years we have been supplying deck structures, masts, pool and wellness areas as well as special structures made of fiber composite material in solid and sandwich construction for well-known shipyards.
Load-bearing structures and superstructures can be dimensioned in terms of their strength and stability using FEM calculations. Our assembly crew with many years of experience at various large shipyards ensures the professional assembly of even complex superstructures on board.
- Consulting – planning – design
- Construction – dimensioning
- Material selection and material optimization
- Model and mold making
- Mock-up – prototyping
- Pre-series – small series – series production
- Component production by injection – prepreg-process – hand laminate – fiber spraying – wet pressing
- Molded parts of all types on behalf of customer order – GRP, CFRK and AFRP